Types of Kitchen Countertops: All the Options for Kitchen Counters
There are as many types of kitchens as there are homeowners, since everyone models a kitchen adding their unique preference, lifestyle, and personality into the kitchen design. One of the key areas where customization can be carried out to give a kitchen a unique identity is a countertop. The countertop is one of the most important parts of kitchen design as one can argue because it add s a lot of color, texture, and artistic appeal to the kitchen and because the main cooking takes place here. That is why a kitchen countertop has to be practical apart from being appealing. There are many types of kitchen countertops depending on the material used for making the countertops. Here are some of the best kitchen countertops types that you can opt for based on your preference and the unique properties of each material type.
- Ceramic Tiles – Although it is considered to be the least expensive one, getting the right kind of tiles can do wonders for your kitchen. It is a durable material that can withstand elements such as heat and water. It is also known for being very low maintenance and ease of cleaning. It is difficult to get a completely smooth surface through tiles since the lines in between attracts dirt proving difficult to clean thoroughly.
- Wood/Butcher Block – A wood or butcher block gives a great natural look thanks to the warm color and appearance of wood. There are many options including maple and oak available which are more durable due to the usage. The benefit is that you can reseal them to keep the integrity of the wood. The downside is that bacteria can easily make it their breeding ground and the water can lodge spoiling the wood.
- Quartz/Engineered Stone – Quartz is an engineered stone that has turned up to become a great choice for attractive kitchen countertops. Despite not being a natural stone the quartz is much expensive and very heavy. It has a long life being resistant to most of the elements including heat, water, and acids. A variety of colors and patterns are also available which makes it a versatile choice for any kitchen layouts.
- Marble- Synonymous with the luxury kitchen countertops, the marble is no doubt a high maintenance worktop finish being affected with stains and impact. With unique patterns, it provides a great unique appeal for the kitchen. It can also be very expensive to have all countertops in marble so most homeowners limit its use to the kitchen island.
- Stainless Steel – Producing an industrial type look, stainless steel is a great option for the kitchen counters. It is easy to clean and sanitization is a breeze but the problem lies in the steel being scratch-prone which may distort the look of the countertop. It also tends to be noisier and expensive compared to other materials.
- Acrylic – Acrylic and other solid surface materials are common these days and although they do not look bad and can be available in various colors, they are considered an economic choice. They are also prone to heat damage.
These modern kitchen countertops are great options for homeowners looking to give their kitchen an aesthetic upgrade. You can also consult with Snaidero Kitchen Design at +971 42944803, who are experts in designing amazing kitchen countertops for Dubai homes. We will make it easier for you to choose the right countertop material and design to suit your kitchen’s needs.