If you are anything like me, you've been wrapping presents all week. I am a firm believer in making the mudane tasks fun and exciting as much as possible. This is true for me from everything from shopping for bathing suits to cleaning out your closet. There is always a choice. You can either drag your feet and dread the task at hand, or you can make it a party!
So this year, when it was time to wrap I set the stage for the ultimate wrapping party. I thought I would share it with you here:
1) Snackies - You gotta have snacks when you are planning a party, so why not a party for yourself? My favorite thing to do is to make a fancy cheese plate for one (what can I say.. I never met a cheese I didn't like).
If you like something that is easier to eat and wrap, eat and wrap I have the perfect recipe for you. It's SO EASY and delicious. My dear friend Claudine of Cooking with Claudine taught me how to make these and now they are a staple for me whenever I'm going to a party and want to bring something yummy.
2) A playlist. Right now I'm really into The Drifter's Holiday Station on Pandora but really anything that gets you going and PUMPED! This could be old school TLC or the Rocky theme song. No matter what it is, make sure it's long enough to keep the party going!
3) Mixing prints and patterns. I love a good wrapping challenge. Try asking yourself the question "Which two wrapping papers are the LEAST likely to work together?" and then try to make it work! It adds a really fun element to wrapping. Almost like a party game. Whoever makes the crazy combination wins!
4) A cocktail (or 3) - I'm a huge fan of a good cocktail especially at a party. You know what I love more than a good cocktail? A good THEMED cocktail. Here are three holiday inspired cocktails to help make wrapping presents THAT much easier.
5) Personal touches. I really love adding personal touches to everything I do. Whether it's a party or a gift, a personal touch is the perfect way to make someone feel special. Lola was less than thrilled that she wasn't in all my Instax Mini photos so I decided to include her in my wrapping extravaganza as well. What says "Happy Holidays" more than a boston terrier?
6) The essential wrapping tools. Fun paper, tape, washi tape, ribbon and scissors. Throw in some twine and pine for good measure.
I hope this holiday season is like the best party ever!
If you want to hear more about my holiday wrapping musings (as well as more cameos from Lola the boston terrier) you can take a look at my guest post on The Refined Woman here.
Also, I'm currently creating a very exciting new project that I can not WAIT to share more with you about. If you want to be the first to know about it, sign up here. Stay tuned in the new year for more details, but for now, all you need to know... is that you want to be on this list!
Happy Holidays loves!